Serafian’s has sold various fiber protection and stain-repellant products over the course of our history. We are extremely pleased and excited to announce that we have finally found a product that not only do we believe in 100%, but completely amazes us in its effectiveness!
547 Fiber ProTector was created by Norweigan scientists and is a hydrophobic polymer spray that is unquestionably the most advanced and effective fiber protection system available. This isn’t Scotch Guard, and it’s not a temporary fail-safe against staining.
Fiber ProTector forms an invisible shield around textile fibers providing an effective barrier against all kinds of organic matter such as pet stains, as well as food, drinks, dust and debris that on unprotected tiles would create permanent stains.
Our new Fiber ProTector adds UV protection and does not affect the texture of your surfaces or their breathability. This product is used by major hotel chains, railroad trains, and airlines to protect their seating and furniture. Your rug should benefit from our protection! Call us at Serafian’s to have your rugs treated with 547 Fiber ProTector today.
All hand-woven carpets are one of a kind, but a special few stand out as truly unique from among them. The “Gohar Carpet”, woven in Armenia in 1149, is one of these. The colors and patterns of this 12th century masterpiece are evocative of antique Caucasian weaving, but the truly unique aspect of this piece is the long Armenian religious script near the top. The text was translated by eminent linguist Norayr de Byzance in 1908 as:
“I, Gohar, full of sin and weak of soul, with my newly learned hands wove this rug. whosoever reads this say a word of mercy to God for me. In the year 1149.”
The Armenian calendar date is equivalent to 1679–1680 A.D. The “Gohar Carpet” is unusual in that it records the maker’s name. (Gohar or Kohar remains a popular girl’s name in Armenia). The carpet was made for the woman’s church and was probably used only for ceremonial occasions as it remains in an exceptional state of preservation.
We hope you enjoyed this brief look at an exquisite and rare carpet from the distant past. The Gohar carpet was sold to a private collector in 2003. Follow us on facebook for more updates like these!
-Serafian’s Oriental Rugs, Nov. 2015
Rugs are some of the most durable home furnishings you can purchase. They are woven to be walked on and receive the heaviest traffic and abuse, but still last generations. In fact, rugs have very few “Natural Enemies”. Chief among those diabolical foes are Moths and carpet beetles.
When it comes to rugs, few things can compete with the destructive force of a swarm of hungry
moths. About the size of a grain of rice, these small pests tend to lay their eggs in dark and undisturbed
places on your rugs. Once the eggs hatch, the larvae begin to quickly eat their way thorough wool, silk, or any other protein fiber. Regular inspection of at risk areas goes a long way to preventing damage and keeping your rugs safe, but if you ever do find evidence of moth eggs, call a rug cleaning professional right away.
Less common than the wool moth, but every bit as dangerous to your rug is the carpet beetle. Smaller than Abraham Lincoln’s face on a penny, carpet beetles are tiny, but don’t be fooled by their size. Just like moths, they can lay their eggs in your rugs and chew through your rug in a few days.
If you have a pest infestation, be it moth or carpet beetle, always remember to call a professional. Proper cleaning will remove the infestation, kill any eggs hiding in the pile or foundation of the rug, and go a long way toward preventing future damage.
Have you ever wondered how to judge the difference in quality between one rug and the next. Take three minutes out of your day to find out.
Antique and delicate rugs require different attention than rugs of a more commercial nature and thus need different approaches to cleaning. Professional rug cleaners in Albuquerque who are experienced in dealing with delicate rugs will inform you that it is not best practice to use high temperature cleaning machinery on fragile and antique rugs as the patterns and dyes on the rugs will then fade.
Rugs that are glued to the floor will certainly start to come apart should hot water begin to dissolve the glue. This is one of the biggest reasons that you need to brush up on the heat tolerance level of your fragile rugs before seeking the services of a reliable cleaning company.
Here are some points to consider when cleaning delicate rugs:
- Stay away from hot water: Do not use hot water on delicate rugs. Lightly soiled rugs are best cleaned with a cold-water machine.
- Low moisture machines: Try to work with a rug cleaner that offers low moisture machines as these serve several purposes – rugs dry faster, the machinery uses less water and it causes less stress to the rugs being cleaned.
- Experienced rug cleaners: Use rug cleaning companies experienced in dealing with antique or delicate rugs.
- Consider the use: If the affected fragile rugs you intend to have cleaned are located in a low traffic area, chances are that they will require less frequent and less severe cleaning, thus the rug cleaning company should adjust their cleaning strategy and methods accordingly.
Rug cleaners in Santa Fe:
With years of experience serving as rug cleaners in Albuquerque, Serafian’s Oriental Rugs has grown its base of satisfied customers. With their dedication to fantastic customer service and their advanced cleaning machinery and technology, they remain miles ahead of their competition when it comes to their team of rug cleaners in Albuquerque.
Any area rug cleaner in Santa Fe knows how much a rug can mean to its owners. There are few things as welcoming and visually appealing as a beautiful area rug and it’s also a highly practical addition to any home.
As a rug owner, you don’t want to lose that elegant, cozy and comfortable feeling in your home that only an area rug can provide. Make sure that you use the appropriate cleaning methods for the style and type of area rug that you have.
The upkeep of any stylish interior design look goes hand in hand with a good maintenance plan. Area rug cleaning is part of this plan. Nobody will enjoy an area rug that is dusty, ragged or damaged. The reason for investing in an area rug is to improve the esthetic appeal of a room. To maintain this benefit, an area rug should be in good condition. An area rug that is torn or damaged will ultimately ruin the look of the room, no matter how much effort you put into decor.
It is essential to hire a trustworthy area rug cleaning service regularly. A clean area rug will not only ensure that your home is complimented but will also improve your health. If your family members are prone to suffer from allergies and conditions such as asthma and eczema, it would be a good idea to keep your area rug clean, as dust attracts more dust. A dusty, dirty area rug will disperse particles every time you use it. This will only make things worse if you are already sensitive to dust.
Let Serafian’s Oriental Rugs take care of all your cleaning needs. Give us a call to find out how our area rug cleaners in Santa Fe can take care of your rugs.
The idea of finding someone who specializes in area rug cleaning in Bernalillo might seem like a waste of time and money. I’ll do it myself, you think. What can a specialist do that I can’t?
This do-it-yourself attitude is something that many area rug owners have in common, and because of this attitude sometimes beautiful rugs suffer. So, before you write off the idea of hiring a professional for this job, consider these points:
1. A professional knows which cleaning products are best suited for which rug. Not all area rugs are made from the same materials. What is good for one might cause harm to another.
2. An area rug cleaning specialist will have the right tools for the job. Most of the equipment you own or can rent does not measure up to the equipment used by a professional. Renting equipment to clean your area rugs is also not that much cheaper than sending them out to be cleaned.
3. Certified technicians use the equipment. When you hire an area rug cleaning specialist you can be sure that trained professionals will use the right equipment. The right tools in the wrong hands can be a disaster.
4. An expert can identify problems such as mold growth. Mold on area rugs is common when it is humid, and can be dangerous to your health. An expert is trained to identify the first signs of mold growth and will take care of the problem before it’s too late.
These are just some of the reasons why you should enlist the help of a professional. If these are not enough to convince you, visit the Serafian’s website for more. Or, just stop wasting time and hire someone who knows about area rug cleaning in Bernalillo today. You and your rugs will be grateful.
If you are the proud owner of a handcrafted area rug, you know the importance of having it cleaned by a professional area rug cleaning in Rio Rancho who will treat your rug with the care and reverence that it deserves.
We love not only the practicality of our rugs but also their beauty. We appreciate that each rug is the end result of supreme skill and expertise, passed on from generations of artisans around the globe. Each rug has its own story to tell and sometimes they feature designs that are so intricate that they are impossible to reproduce with a machine.
Because rug making is such an ancient and time-honored tradition in many parts of the world, the materials used are almost always natural and include wool, cotton, silk, jute and animal hair. You should always be mindful to use only highly skilled professionals to clean these valuable works of art.
Hand-made rugs are either knotted or woven and they can become even more valuable as they grow older. It is important to make use of professional area rug cleaning experts who have the knowledge to preserve your rug for as long as possible.
One of the most distinctive and telling features of a hand-made rug is its fringe. While fringe on a machine made rug is sewn on, fringe on a handmade rug is an extension of the rug itself. Consequently, it is best to have your handmade area rug cleaned by experienced area rug cleaning professionals who do not use brushes, scrubbing or any other harsh methods that could severely damage your precious rug.
There is nothing like an exquisite handcrafted rug to lend any home an air of sophistication. If you look after it with love and care and only trust it to those who specialize in area rug cleaning in Rio Rancho, this unique treasure will provide joy and comfort for generations to come
If you are looking for an area rug cleaner in Los Lunas, NM, just follow the link to Serafian’s Oriental Rugs. How many times a year you should have your rugs professionally cleaned depends on your home environment. We say at least every two years but for some area rugs in certain homes this might not be enough. This recommendation is based on the fact that our cleaning method is both much more thorough and a bit more expensive that some other services but it is well worth it to take care of your investment.
Consider the following when deciding how often to have your rugs cleaned:
1. How many pets are in the home? Apart from bringing in dirt from outside, pets also shed hair and excrete oils. They are messy eaters and drinkers and often choose rugs and carpeted areas as napping spots. The more pets you have and the larger they are, the more often you will have to clean your rugs and carpets.
2. How many people live in the house? A large amount of traffic amounts to a large amount of dirt. People shed hair and skin cells and if they don’t take off their shoes when entering the house, they will also bring in a lot of dirt.
3. Does any member of your family suffer from allergies? Clean rugs and carpets reduce the allergens in your home. Pets and people carry in pollen and if you live in a humid environment mold can often be found growing inside your home. Hire area rug cleaners regularly to prevent these allergens from building up to a point where they start affecting your health.
4. Does your rug have a warranty and what does the warranty require? Some area rugs (especially expensive ones) come with a warranty and strict instructions on how often they must be cleaned. Make sure you follow these instructions to ensure that you don’t forfeit the warranty.
If you are still uncertain, get in touch with an area rug cleaner in Los Lunas, NM.
Finding an area rug cleaning service in Santa Fe can be a hassle if you don’t know where to look. The most affordable option doesn’t always mean you are getting the best deal.
Here are a few tips from Serafian’s Oriental Rugs to ensure that you end up with the right professionals for the job:
1. Search the Internet for reviews. This will give you a clear indication of the customer service they provide. Nobody can tell you more about a company than its previous clients.
2. How is their customer service? A reputable service provider knows that first impressions matter. If they come across as being rude or unhelpful you know that they probably don’t really care about the kind of service they provide.
3. Do they give quotes? A company that does not give you a quote before starting a job should not be trusted. Chances are that they are looking to leave you with a surprisingly large bill once the job is complete.
4. Do they offer a money back guarantee? If they do, you can hold them responsible if something goes wrong. It also shows that they have trust in their own abilities to do the job right.
5. Make sure that the company you want to hire is using the latest equipment. New, well-maintained equipment will not only do a better job of cleaning your carpets, but an experienced and qualified technician is just as important.
6. Make sure the technicians using the equipment are properly trained. The right equipment in the wrong hands can do a lot of damage. What you should be looking for are certified carpet cleaning technicians. Also ensure that an official restoration body has certified the technicians.
It is important to remember that no matter how much time and effort you put into cleaning your rug it will not compare to the deep-cleaning service a professional rug cleaner will provide. So let Serafian’s Oriental Rugs help you to find a professional area rug cleaning service in Santa Fe.